Our client, a leading Manufacturing organization, has an immediate need for a Maintenance Planner at its Baton Rouge Area Mill. As a key member of the Steam, Power and Recovery team, the Planner will be responsible for managing and driving the continual improvement in the areas of production equipment & support systems Maintenance such that equipment availability is maximized.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop and execute maintenance processes relating to people, methods, materials, machinery, and process to maximize profitability of facility.
- Compliance with all regulatory items for safety, environmental, people and employment and insurance agencies.
- Ensure that contractors are aware of and in compliance with Health and Safety policy.
- Lead the performance of Mechanical maintenance assigned to area in meeting equipment availability targets.
- Develop a preventive maintenance plan for the area of assignment.
- Communicate to the Mechanical superintendent repair options and potential risks. Follow up after maintenance work to identify opportunities to improve performance on similar work in the future.
- Planning and scheduling daily maintenance activities efficiently using labor and material resources as well as daily communication with operations personnel.
- Write RPA’s & CPA’s for maintenance replacement parts and equipment as needed.
- Ensure that outages are planned, scheduled, and executed on schedule, within budget, and accomplish intended tasks.
- Takes a leading role in the planning of shutdowns.
- Completing failure analysis of significant or repeat failures to eliminate re-occurrence
- Maintaining mill areas in manner to comply with asset insurance requirements (FM).
- Establish and communicate performance expectations to each contractor and document the discussion.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Industrial concentration or comparable industry experience. A minimum of five (5) years of proven experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably Pulp & Paper, is required with at least two (2) years of Industrial Supervision experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
High Level Knowledge of:
- Maintenance & Reliability Planning
- Pulp & Paper Manufacturing
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Shutdown Planning
- Failure Analysis
- Preventative Maintenance Planning
Base Salary range for this role is $65-75k with competitive benefits and performance bonus. Please visit http://www.JacksonNoble.com for more information on this and future opportunities.